To ensure that the best infection prevention practices are observed and that all infection control measures are maintained in the facility, we are encouraging that all visitations be pre-arranged. Walk-ins may be accommodated at this time but with anticipation of delays as we continue to extend our efforts to keep our residents and our staff safe. We greatly appreciate your patience and understanding. Please share this information with all the visitors in your party.
COVID-19 Information and Precautions
We recognize that nursing homes and assisted living facilities are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and visitors
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and visitors
- Posting information on our website
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Safe self-screening for all staff
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible.
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call-in replacement staff.
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protection of our residents includes:
- Screening residents for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others.
- Testing all New Admissions and Re-Admissions on Days 0, 3, and 5.
- Testing residents who have been out of the facility for 24 hours.
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others.
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
- Protection of all visitors, vendors, and deliveries includes:
- Safe self-screening upon entry to the facility
- Check-in on iPad.
- Only visiting the resident you are here to visit. No roaming facility or visiting other residents.
- Vendors will only provide services to designated residents.
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.